Saturday, March 8, 2008

THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

After almost two years of planning and dreaming, the day is almost here. Sam and I are both excited about this dream come true. But, on the other hand, we are both a bit apprehensive about the long flight.

We are in our final planning stages of packing, making sure we have some Australian and New Zealand currency (as well as the $2 bills we always carry). Packing will be intereting since we are arriving in Australia in their fall - so we'll need some warmer clothes that will give way to the bathing suit and summer shorts as we cross the Pacific.

We invite you to journey along with us via this blog. I will try to update as often as I can. We leave on March 26th and fly to California where we will celebrate Sammi and Jacob's birthday before flying out to Australia on April 2nd arriving in Sydney on the 4th of April.

Upon arrival in Sydney we are staying one night at the Marriott Sydney Harbour Hotel and then on the 5th of April fly to Cairns and ultimately Port Douglas, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef. We will be staying in Port Douglas for five days before returning to Sydney for a few days before boarding the Sapphire Princess for the trans pacific crossing.

I will post more information on the crossing before we leave.

We look forward to your comments and hope that you enjoy reading about our dream come true.

Charlene and Sam

5 comments:

Sustarich said...

Mom and Sam,
Hope you have the wonderful time!
Love,
Ryan, Kim and Alyson

Jenn said...

Yay Dad & Char!
I hope you have a fantastic time! Good for you! :)
~jenn

gladys said...

I think you missed your calling and should've been an author which would be great for your sea days. I'm jealous but you're saving me lots of money because I'm taking this trip with you by reading your blog and will enjoy every minute of it. You go girl.
Love,
Gladys

Brenda said...

Sam&Char, You are wonderful people and I am so glad that I had gotten to know you. As you both know I watched your journey to one another online. I watched you become friends and fall in love. It was a wonderfull story. I will be enjoying your journey in Austrailia also, a place I have long wanted to visit. Hope I get a chance to visit with you both again soon. Love Bree.

Steve and Kathy said...

Good luck on your trip. Enjoy it and don't fret over the small stuff. You deserve this break!
Steve and Kathy