Saturday, March 29, 2008

ARRIVED IN LA

First leg of the journey has been completed ALMOST without incident. If the rest of the trip goes this smoothly, I will be a happy camper.

We were ready to leave home and Sam wanted to call American Express to let them know we would be out of the country. We have the portable phones with two extension that operate off one base. He couldn't find the phone. He looked everywhere and I was busy with last minute "things" and couldn't be bothered. He was going nuts looking for these phones. I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off thoroughly upset that he is "wasting" his time on these phones.

Ran out to the SUV (couldn't fit all the luggage into the car) and oops one of the suitcases is "ringing". Yep, folks I packed the phone. At least it solved the problem and dissolved both of us into fits of laughter.

We arrived on time in LAX, spent the night at the Hilton there since it was already 11 pm California time and 1 pm Eastern time. Found that Hilton on Priceline for $60 and it was very nice. Would definitely stay there again. Next morning we picked up our rental car and we are now staying with my oldest son and his family and will transfer over to son #2 later before we leave.

Always love my time with our grandkids.

Until later

Charlene and Sam

No comments: